Nice to meet you...
Executive Board member Rolf Zeindler is responsible for the operational process for Kuhn Rikon. How does he keep things professionally on-track whilst also having 4 children at home?
- How long have you been at Kuhn Rikon?
For just over 15 years
- What is your area of responsibility?
I am responsible for the entire operational process. With us this area covers production, procurement, logistics, quality management and the overall development with the industrial design and engineering team.
- You have 4 children. Which cookware piece could you least do without?
Our Relax Powersteamer, which is in daily use, as is our Hotpan. Both simplify cooking optimally and achieve outstanding results.
- Have you got a tip for cooking together with children?
You need plenty of time and simple dishes. I find it better if not all of the children want to cook with me at the same time; otherwise I could lose the overview!
- What will cookware look like in 20 years’ time?
I don’t think that there will be any fundamental changes. Function and quality will still be what is most important. Taste in relation to design is bound to change with the times.
- Kuhn Rikon produces cookware in its own production plant in Rikon and is thus investing in Swiss industry and maintaining jobs. What are the motives behind this?
Good quality, “Swiss made”, has a very good reputation and is in demand in many markets. It also enables us to react flexibly to customer requirements. To develop and produce one’s own products is, in my view, essential for the long-term future of the company. In addition, I am simply convinced that this at the heart of the Kuhn Rikon brand.